Thursday, November 18, 2021

Mostly Autumn and knitting!

Beautiful autumn! Lots of the days have been very grey and overcast, but looking through all that to the pretty bits, it's been lovely. Colourful leaves, morning mists .. and the greyness does come with November after all. 


I've been running only a couple of times due to some very annoying achilles pain. It flared up out of nowhere but was pretty painful so I took two weeks off and then tested it out last weekend. It wasn't too bad and has also felt better this week. I really, really want to get back to going out three times a week but just can't seem to find my routine since the lockdowns. Anyway, pics from one of those lovely runs: 



I've also been knitting .. and knitting and knitting! It started because I really don't like buying useless tat for the sake of giving a Christmas gift. Honestly, it does my head in every year! Also, my eldest son has moved to South Korea and this will be our first Christmas without him here. I can't post much due to the weight, etc so I wanted to make it meaningful. It's incredibly hot in the summer but does get below freezing (by quite a lot in some places!) in the winter so I've knitted him a hat and scarf .. and for the soppy mum bit, yes, I willed some love and mum hugs into every stitch <3 

The pattern for the scarf is here. A lovely, lovely pattern and I really recommend it. Juist scarf pattern 

I'll take proper pics before I post it off but here's a quick snap for now: 


For a matching hat, I did one called Harbormaster which, again, was really lovely. Harbormaster hat pattern 


I've also whizzed through a big chunky cowl for one of my daughters and have tried and tried to get started on a pattern for the other daughter. I'll post about that next time - fingers crossed (7th attempt??) I might have found the one I'll settle with now! Poor F is still without sleeves on his Trek jumper and I'm halfway through a pair of very overdue socks for him. 

Thankfully though, given the state of the world at the moment, the knitting is keeping me sane. Who would ever have thought the way people are dividing would ever happen again .. and so easily. I despair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

November sun

Beautiful considering how far into November we are!  And, Trek is slowly coming along ...